Liposuction is a cosmetic surgical procedure that slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving body contours. The procedure is sometimes called body contouring. Liposuction can be performed on any part of the body where deposits of fat tend to collect, such as the thighs, hips and buttocks, abdomen and waist, chest area, upper arms, back, cheeks, chin and neck, and calves. It can remove small areas of fat that are hard to lose through exercise and a healthy diet. The procedure is often coupled with other cosmetic surgeries such as tummy tuck, facelift etc.
How do you prepare for surgery ?
You must have a thorough clinical examination and blood tests. If you smoke you should quit some weeks before the procedure. For more information check Consult best Liposuction in Hyderabad at Personiks
You will be advised regarding preoperative instructions related to not eating or drinking anything for 8-10 hours prior to surgery and any other specific instructions. Your anesthetist will meet you and review your clinical notes and test reports.
Steps of the procedure
1. You will be given anesthesia -the choice of anesthesia will depend upon your condition.
2. Small incisions are made and a local anesthesia solution is infused to reduce bleeding and trauma. With a thin hollow cannula inserted through the incisions, and a controlled back and forth motion, the excess fat is loosened. The dislodged fat is then suctioned out of the body using a surgical vacuum or syringe attached to the cannula.
3. Any excess fluid and blood is drained and the treated area is stitched up and bandaged.
4. Fluid replacement may be required if there is a significant loss of fluid or blood.
The procedure usually takes one to three hours. Most people need to stay in the hospital overnight.
How does recovery occur ?
1. You will be kept in the recovery room till you have recovered from the anesthesia and all your clinical parameters are stable.
2. If a small area was treated, you may be able to return to work within a few days. If it was a large area, you may need up to 10 days off work to recover.
3. You’d need to avoid strenuous activity for up to four weeks (but walking and general movement should be fine).
4. It usually takes about two weeks to make a full recovery. To know more details on Liposuction check Kokoliko
5. The results of the procedure will be seen once the swelling has gone down. It can take up to six months for the area to settle completely.
6. Stitches would be removed after a week (unless you had dissolvable stitches).
7. You should be able to resume your regular activities at four to six weeks.
8. If the pain and swelling persist along with fever, it might be a sign of infection and you should contact your doctor.